Updated: 16 hours ago
Class of 2020 - We Honor You!
A team of devoted senior moms and local small businesses are joining forces to create what Covid-19 has stolen from our seniors, Prom 2020.
The definition of prom is a formal dance held by a high school at the end of the academic year, typically for students in their junior or senior year. It is an event that traditionally celebrates being a high school student for the last time where memories are created that last a lifetime. As the parents of seniors and as a community who cares, we are working diligently to give back to the Class of 2020 the opportunity to celebrate with their classmates and peers before embarking on the next step in their life’s journey.
Considering the present climate, the event will be considered as a “new normal” type of event. The purpose is to give the students an opportunity to dress in their formal prom attire, where at the venue photographers will be assembled to capture prom memories. Light refreshments will be served, and DJ’s will create a fun atmosphere filled with music as the seniors commemorate this last phase of their high school career.
All CDC and State safety guidelines will be followed and adhered to by venue staff and volunteers to ensure that all guests are hosted in a safe environment.
If your Cobb or Paulding County Prom has been canceled and not rescheduled, we invite you to join us for the:
Prom-Take II Soirée
“Creating Memories, One Picture at a Time!”
Westin Perimeter North
Saturday, July 18, 2020 | Time - 5:30 pm or 8:30 pm
Student tickets* will be sold through Eventbrite on May 18th
*Number of event attendees will be limited due to social distancing restrictions at the venue
Parents, we need your help with making this a memorable event for all who attend. Not only are we asking for donations to help defray the cost of the venue and decorations but we will also need volunteers and chaperones on the day of the event.
If you have any questions or for more details on how you can donate, become a business sponsor or volunteer, feel free to contact the planning team via email at email@example.com.
** This event is not affiliated or in conjunction with any Cobb or Paulding County School.
To Purchase Tickets for this event, click below
To Donate for this event, click below:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When can I purchase tickets? Tickets will be on sale May 18th on Eventbrite. Price is $30 per student and is first come, first serve.
"By purchasing a ticket to the "Prom Take II Soiree", attendees (students and parents/guardians) are aware of and agree to abide by the social distancing guidelines established by the CDC, The Westin Perimeter North, and the organizers of this event. Attendee's ticket purchase and participation at the Prom Take II Soiree event is at their sole discretion and voluntary. Therefore, attendees or their parents/guardians shall release from liability the Westin Perimeter North (venue), the event organizers, or their affiliates as a result of participation (attendance) in this event. During the event, attendees (students, parents, or volunteers) who do not adhere to the established social distancing guidelines, at the discretion of the venue and organizers, may be asked to leave the event and the venue premises."
2. What is the return policy if this event is canceled due to Federal and/or State mandates? If the event must be canceled due to mandates and guidelines, a full refund (minus Eventbrite processing fee's) will be given. Please note - allow 5 business days to process this return request.
3. If the event is canceled, will there be plans to reschedule? No rescheduling will take place however a full refund (minus Eventbrite processing fee's) will be awarded whereas students will be moving onto their future endeavors. Please note - allow 5 business days to process this return request.
4. How do you plan to follow CDC and State guidelines? We plan to stagger the arrival times therefore we will not have students at the venue all at one time. We have two available times for this event, 5:30 pm & 8:00 pm. Typically, a prom last 4 hours, we have reduced the time to 2.5 hours. Upon student arrival, temperatures will be checked. We have selected a venue that has ample amount of space beyond the number of allotted attendees therefore social distancing can be easily practiced. Multiple photo stations are intentionally spread throughout the space to promote social distancing to alleviate crowding.
5. What happens if a student has a temperature upon arrival? Entry will not be permitted however a full refund (minus Eventbrite processing fee's) will be awarded. Please note - allow 5 business days to process this return request.
6. Will masks be required? At this time, it is not required however we highly recommend it. Best judgement for masks is left to each individual attendee. Prom Take II Sponsor, Gotta B Healthy offers custom masks. 10% of purchases will go back to Prom Take II Scholarship Fund. For more info, visit website Gotta B Healthy.
7. What will happen if I donate and/or sponsor and the event is canceled? We will take all donations and create a Prom Take II Scholarship(s) that will be awarded to student(s) by lottery drawing. A report of the full amount collected and what will be awarded to the student(s) will be provided for your record.
8. Is there a fee for parking? Self-parking is free of charge and Valet parking is $10.00.
9. Will the food be self-served buffet style? No, the Westin Hotel will have designated staff who is required to wear mask and gloves to serve all food/drinks.
10. What will I need to bring for entry? You will need either your printed ticket or mobile ticket and School and/or Government ID.
11. I am a Cobb/Paulding County student, can I bring a guest that does not attend these counties? Yes you can, we must have at least one (1) student to attend that is from Cobb/Paulding High School.